Fun Facts About Halloween's Character Laurie Strode
November 28, 2017 By Chelsea T.
Photo by: Halloween Network via YouTube
Whether you're a fan of the Halloween horror films or not, you know all about Jamie Lee Curtis' character as Laurie Strode. And next year, fans will rejoice as she makes a comeback in the Halloween reboot, where it is said she will have her very last confrontation with brother Michael Myers.
You get some details on the life of Laurie by watching the films, but there's some background information that is fun to know about while watching. Check out the fun facts below!
- Laurie Strode was born Cynthia Myers
- She was the youngest out of three children
- When Laurie was 2 years old, her brother Michael murdered their older sister Judith with a butcher knife
- Her parents were killed in a car accident
- To protect her identity, it was said she died in the accident as well
- Laurie was in the foster care system when she was adopted by the Strode family
- She was a shy teenager who wasn't very outgoing
- Laurie's adopted father was the owner of Strode Realty & the old Myers House went up for sale by the company
- Laurie also went by the name of Keri Tate after faking her own death and relocating to California
- She had a son named John (played by Josh Hartnett in Halloween H20)
- While living in California, she was the headmistress of a private prep school called Hillcrest Academy
- Jamie Lee Curtis has appeared in six of the ten Halloween films as Laurie Strode